Thursday, December 9, 2010

dipped in glitter



Wanting to get into the Holiday spirit, and being on some painkillers from having my wisdom teeth taken out, I do what I love most, and painted my nails. Breaking away from the traditional style of painting nails, I wanted to play with texture. In order to achieve this look, I painted one coat of Gold Fiction by Chanel (it can be any color you want). While my nail was still wet, I poured on glitter and molded it so that it created the shape of my nail. It looks chunky if you don't do that. After letting it dry, I finished it off with a top coat. Voila! The only downfall of this nail design is that it really is good for one night because it chips quite easily. It's a fun choice to have for Holiday parties and events that is bound to start a topic of conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment